In Memory

Sherryl Berry (Thompson)

Sherryl Berry (Thompson)

TAKEN FROM THE 20TH REUNION BOOKLET:  After attending WSU for 2 years, Sherryl spent a year and a half in western Europe.  She studied Italian and Renaissance Art for 1 year at the University of Florence in Italy.  She also lived in England, Sweden, France and Germany.  Sherryl was married to Patrick Thompson, a probation parole officer for the State of Washington.  She enjoyed art and craft projects of any sort, gardening and electric trains.


Name: Sherryl Thompson
SSN: ***-**-****
BORN: 27 Nov 1945
Last Benefit: 98155  Seattle, King, Washington, United States of America
Died: Mar 1978
State (Year) SSN issued: Washington (1962)

go to bottom 
  Post Comment

01/08/14 03:43 PM #1    

Liana Linder (Nordell Wiik)

Sherry always seemed so cheerful and ready to laugh. I knew her from grade school on. I remember that her father worked on unloading banana boats and would sometimes find tarantulas. In Mr. Thomas' ninth grade science class at Chinook we had a visit from "Harry Berry" for a while. When it/he got loose it would jump across the room lin leaps and bounds and screams could be heard coming from our classroom.

01/12/14 06:35 AM #2    

Jim Cissell

I knew Sherry from several classes and she always had a smile and a hearty laugh. But when I really got to know her was at a pinochle game at her house with Alan Davis, Georgianne Cox, Joe Richards. Never was there so much laughter in one sitting. Perhaps the biggest laugh came when I knocked on the front door. If you remember, Sherry was a big gal. And her older brother Larry was even bigger--probably close to 280 pounds. So it was quite a shock when her parents answered the door and neither was over 5'4". Hey, they were my size! Fond memories, Sherry.

01/13/14 11:02 PM #3    

Alan Davis

Jim's comments reminds me of the card games we played.  It was a constantly shifting group, but the core four were Sherry, Bill McCall, me, and Dick Landstrom, who graduated in my brother's class three years earlier.  We almost always played at Sherry's house.  Dick or I would bring a gallon of A&W root beer and Sherry would make popcorrn, or, if we were flush, somebody would bring pepperoni.  We would play pinochle or hearts most Friday nights into the early morning.  Sadly, of the four, I'm the only one left.  Sherry always seemed indestructible, a cheerful force of nature.  I was shocked when she died young.  She was a great friend and I treasure a stack of letters from her during our college days.  We always exchanged cards or letters on May 8th because when she went to WSU she reported that the fraternities there would go around chanting "Hurray, hurray for the 8th of May, for outdoor intercourse starts that day!"  Wonderful, innocent memories.

go to top 
  Post Comment